Fri, October 4, 2019, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The evening begins with a soup, salad, antipasto and bread supper held at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church located at 500 Robinson Road (off Bodega Ave.) in Sebastopol. Plenty of event parking is available at the Church. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your show time. After supper, your group will be lead to Sebastopol Memorial Lawn Cemetery by a tour guide with musical accompaniment of the very popular Hubbub Club who describes themselves as ” a cross between a New Orleans marching band and a Fellini movie.
At the Cemetery, your tour guide will lead you through the luminary-lit route to each of the six vignettes which include:
- Ezra Mills, Sam Kee, Susie Knoti, Hops Springs Eternal, O’Leary Family and Leanor Galloway Plunkett.
- Sam Khee- Immigrated from China in 1880. He made his living farming here in Sebastopol and had other side businesses in the Chinese community.
- Ezra Mills- A packer and fruit drier for his own and other farmers fruit, whose contracts with distributors resulted in increasing the markets for Sonoma produce.
- Susie Knott- Takes us to the scene of a fire in the Sebastopol Telephone Office in 1941, where all is saved by the bravery and ingenuity of the staff and the Sebastopol Volunteer Firemen.
- Otis Allen- One of the areas first hop farmers, Otis talks with Eva Berry Scudder about the influx of families who set up camp on his Laguna area hop farm during the picking season, 19th century.
- OLeary Family- The brothers Archie and Owen OLeary are in the cemetery after dark measuring for their fathers grave, 20th century.
- Eleanor Galloway Plunkett- A local good Samaritan is raising funds for a worthwhile civic project in 1873- a home for unwed mothers.
Following the last vignette, your evening will conclude at the historic Luther Burbank Gold Ridge Farm Cottage with homemade apple crisp, coffee and tea. At the conclusion of your dessert, your tour guide will lead you back to the Church parking lot and your car.
The evening’s experience is approximately two hours in length. The paths can be uneven, unstable, and slippery if wet so wear stable, comfortable shoes and bring warm clothing appropriate for the expected weather. Please also bring a flashlight for each person. Due to the distance involved and the uneven surfaces we advise against guests with any difficulty walking.
Tickets: $45 with start times at 5:30, 6:15, 7:00, & 7:45pm on Friday and Saturday October 4th and 5th.
Tickets are not refundable, but you may give or sell your Will Call tickets to a 3rd party.
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
500 Robinston Road