Sat, October 5, 2019, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Pack a picnic and bring your family and friends and join us at Fort Ross State Historic Park for our annual Harvest Festival!
Harvest Festival is a free event. Regular California State Parks kiosk fees of $8/car apply. There will not be food vendors at the park–please bring a picnic.
- Apple and pear picking in the historic orchard,
- Juicing the apples (store bought apple juice will be served),
- Russian group Kedry and their families in traditional costume singing and performing seasonal games,
- Wooden apple painting with Andrei Borovsky,
- Kids games, seasonal food samples,
- 11:30am – Interpretive tour of San Andreas Fault and Spyra Redwood Grove (25 minutes, easy walking),
- 12:10pm – Interpretive talk about the historic orchard highlighting the first grapes grown in Sonoma county, the Russian-era cherry trees that still survive, and the expanded orchard developed during the ranch era (15 minutes, in the orchard),
- 12:30-2pm optional farm-to-table family style luncheon in the orchard. Advanced purchase required; details below.
And back down the hill:
- 2:00pm – Windmill demonstration and interpretive talk (at the main parking lot),
- 2:30pm & 3pm – interpretive talks in fort compound with bilingual guide Hank Birnbaum.
Fort Ross State Historic Park
19005 Coast Highway One